Saturday, January 29, 2022

What's happening at Stonemountain & Daughter Fabrics? Let's catch up!

Hi all, I am inspired to begin posting here again after a long pause. I see that many of you still visit my blog and there is much to share. As you may know, I am the long time co-owner of Stonemountain & Daughter Fabrics in Berkeley California. I am 4th generation in a long line of fabric merchants and joined my father in 1981 in our Berkeley location as I was finishing up college at UC Berkeley.

So many things are happening with the store these days that I will share here in this space. How does that sound? 

Here are some current photos that I took this week around the store that can give you a sense of how things are looking and evolving as we continue to reopen to in store customers.


So happy to be open to in store shoppers again!

Our downtown Berkeley location - 2 floors and 3 rooms!

A look into the Fashion Room!

Our new area for Deadstock/Designer ends is shaping up!

As you walk into our Main Room...

From here you can head into our Fashion Room
and then onto the Upstairs

A peak down one of the Rayon aisles in the Fashion Room

Upstairs is open and full of half priced treasures and all those remnants
we have been collecting while doing online only for 19 months.


Selling these remnants by the pound was our best idea - they are going fast!

A wonderful visit with my Dad - he just turned 89 years old!

Great to see water returning to our local reservoir -
feels like there is a metaphor here for me!

A lovely hike to the coast is so renewing

Time in nature is so essential

Wishing you warmth, creativity, and love!
Suzan

follow me on Instagram @fabriclady3
email my store with any questions at 

Stonemountain & Daughter Fabrics in Berkeley
since 1981
(full service brick and mortar and online 
for fine fabrics, patterns, and notions)
2518 Shattuck Ave @ Dwight Way
Berkeley, CA 94704





1 comment:

  1. Hello Suzan,

    I’ve ordered fabric samples from your website in the past.

    But recently when I try to visit SMD online shop my access is blocked.

    Are you still selling online?

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete