Monday, August 26, 2013

Daughter's Collection Summer 2013

If you watch any of the fashion related shows on television such as Project Runway, Fashion Star or any of the "Red Carpet" features, you know that when they talk about a particular outfit they always refer to the designer's collection - "Zac Posen, Spring/Summer 2013", "Giorgio Armani, Fall 2013", etc.

So Dad (Mr. StoneMountain himself) and I were chatting the other morning about my whole wardrobe adventure and he suggested that I name it the "Daughter's Collection". What an awesome idea! As the season's change, Laurel and I will be completing fashion looks for each season - things that all my home sewing fashionistas can take inspiration from and make for themselves.

Most of the fashions that we have already created are from the "Daughter's Collection, Summer 2013" - I love saying that! We made outfits that I can wear at the store in Berkeley everyday, as well as some that will work for vacations in Southern California, Hawaii and other warm climate destinations.

I love wearing these clothes! Silk is a wonderful fabric that breathes - perfect for summer. I have worn this great Sandra Betzina top over and over with the linen crop pants.

Waiting on the Shuttle!

Stepping out!
And who could go wrong with this "Daughter's Collection" easy tube top and maxi-skirt...this baby is going to Hawaii later on..

A nice walk after Brunch

Love this two piece knit dress!
Laurel told me she almost kept this Satsuki top for herself, she loved it so much. I can wear this soft batik to work, but I think it looks better in So Cal, don't you?

Vacation Linen Pants with my Batik Top!

Laguna Beach Sept 2013
Be sure to stay tuned to FabricLady as we reveal our plans for the Daughter's Collection, Fall 2013.  StoneMountain has a lot of new Fall fabrics in, so get started on your Fall wardrobe now - time's a wastin'!


Up early for a walk on the beach and my morning cappucino 


Taking in the view!


A sunset to remember!
Crystal Cove State Park
Farewell Newport Beach area...it's off to Marina Del Rey and some Fabric Buying in downtown Los Angeles. We have been buying fabric downtown since 1967! My Dad taught me well and I love to buy from old friends who are now like family. I will post lots of photos from the next few days...What treasures shall I find to bring back to Stonemountain & Daughter? What is your heart's desire?



No comments:

Post a Comment