Thursday, October 3, 2013

"I'm looking for something in green.."


Country artist Lorrie Morgan wrote a song about a woman shopping for dresses in various colors - colors that represented her life experiences throughout the years, from dating to marriage to children.  "Something in Red" is a catchy little song that reminds me of how the colors of our clothing reflect our personalities and our moods at any given moment. The colors we chose say something about us.

Because I'm such a lover of all things in nature, I love green and I wanted to include it in my Fall wardrobe. Among my favorite shades is Celadon, named for the transparent ceramic glaze used by artists since before the second century in Asia.

Celadon glazes can be produced in a variety of colors, including white, grey, blue and yellow. However, the most famous shades range in color from a very pale green to deep intense green, often meaning to mimic the green shades of jade.


And what could be more magic than finding this color in a rich wool crepe?  I chose this simple mock-wrap skirt from Very Easy Vogue Patterns, V8835.

 





Don't be afraid to try sewing on wool fabric. Wool crepe sews like a dream.  When you press it, the seams and darts just lay perfectly.


Since the zipper is in the back of this garment, Laurel was able to get the fit just right.
I can't wait until it's done!!



What a week it's been at the Stonemountain & Daughter fabric store! Not only have the many fabrics I found on my buying trips been showing up, but I am also greatly inspired by the personal connection made with many of our customers. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to share with me your appreciation for my blog and newsletter. We are truly encouraging each other here in garment sewing. Please send me photos of what you are making or even better yet - bring them in!

I would like to send out a special thanks to Marcia Manzo (Art to Wear Garments) and Angela Steen, PenWAG Program Chair, for a getting excited with us and all our new fashion fabrics. 

Marcia and Angela meet at the store for some fabric research!

Beautiful veggies from the garden continue to inspire my healthy choices
in eating. I love eating the Whole9 way of vegetables, fruit and protein!
My energy level, food cravings and healthy body keep me motivated!

Many blessings and much gratitude to you,
Suzan
FabricLady

No comments:

Post a Comment