Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's Time to Sew!

If you didn't already know this about me, let me tell you: I Love Fabric! 

Some of my fondest childhood memories were of wearing the wonderful "hippie" creations that my dad sewed up for me with fabric from his fabric store in the late 60's. My favorites were the mini dresses of African printed cotton with bell bottom sleeves! Fast forward now to my 50's, where my love of fabric drives my passion for the store that my father and I work so hard to preserve. Sometimes, I just want to bring all the fabric home with me! Like many women, I know how to sew but it is not a priority for me right now. So, my favorite alternative option is to have others (more talented than I!) sew for me.



About a month ago I put a call out for seamstresses in our community to sew a new fashion wardrobe for me. After sorting through the responses, I immediately knew that Laurel (of Laurel's Quill) and I were a match made in heaven!


Laurel's blog and photos truly inspire - take a look for more details from her perspective!

We quickly began planning to create a shared vision of partnering beautiful fabric and patterns to make clothes that will encourage and spark YOUR creativity.



These garments will be on display in the store on the days when I am not wearing them. We will share the photos, patterns, notions and sewing tips that really work and those that don't work so well. Please feel free to travel between our two blogs for the complete story!

Sandra Betzina Top in printed stretch silk and black bamboo/rayon knitVogue 1355; Knit skirt in teal rayon interlockKwik Sew 3139; Pants in cotton/linen/spandex denim, New Look 6163
Join me on this journey of making a new and updated wardrobe out of our amazing fabrics here at Stonemountain & Daughter Fabrics.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, Laurel and I just met for our third fitting and I have lost an inch in my waist and hips! Now this should make our task fun and challenging! I started the Whole9 Nutrition 12 days ago to get super healthy and fit. I feel wonderful JUST eating vegetables, fruit and protein - as organic as I can find.

I am also consciously sending this blog out at on the Summer Solstice at 0 degree Cancer. This is a powerful time to set our intentions and to nourish our dreams. This all ties together my passion for cosmology, being a fabric merchant and a certified Shamanic Astrologer!

I hope you will join me and write comments as we deepen our connection to our soul work and build community.




Love in ALL things,
SuZan

2 comments:

  1. Let's get this thing rockin! Thanks for the shout out, Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great playing with you yesterday Laurel...I already put up one of the outfits on a mannequin! I will post photos soon :)

    ReplyDelete